COR16116 Ikon of Light: Special Commemorative Edition
John Tavener. AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER ONLY*. RELEASE DATE 6 JANUARY 2014.
Re-issue of COR16015 Ikon of Light with a newly commissioned booklet essay
'I consider Ikon of Light to be one of my most important works… I recall the splendour and magic of the sound of The Sixteen at the recording, and in particular, at hearing them sing Eonia for the first time. Heartfelt thanks to Harry Christophers and The Sixteen.' Sir John Tavener
Sir John Tavener was one of Britain’s leading composers of the last 50 years. To commemorate his extraordinary life and works The Sixteen is re-releasing its acclaimed recording Ikon of Light in a special limited edition slip-cased version with a newly commissioned booklet essay.
The album was originally conceived for Sir John’s 50th birthday and covers a wide range of his celebrated choral output including Eonia, which Sir John especially requested The Sixteen record, alongside Ikon of Light, The Lamb and The Tyger.
* Pre-orders received by the 3 December will be dispatched ahead of the UK release date on the 5 December. Due to the various postal services involved, international orders are not guaranteed to reach the customer by the UK release date (9 December).
John Tavener (1944-2013)
1. A Hymn to the Mother of God
2. Hymn for the Dormition of the Mother of God
3. The Lamb
4. The Tyger
Ikon of Light:
5. Movement 1 - FOS I, DOXA
6. Movement 2 - DOXA (piu intensita)
7. Movement 3 - TRISAGION I
MYSTIC PRAYER TO THE HOLY SPIRIT
8. Movement 4a
9. Movement 4b
10. Movement 4c
11. Movement 4d
12. Movement 4e
13. Movement 5 - TRISAGION II
14. Movement 6 - FOS II
15. Movement 7 - EPIPHANIA
16. Today the Virgin
TOTAL PLAYING TIME: 67.26